Facilitated Group Retreats
Kavanna House is the perfect place to have a retreat for your group of friends, small group, leadership team or board. We have several retreat themes from which to choose.
Retreats facilitated by Kavanna House staff will have a rhythm of brief teaching, silent reflection and group processing. We only facilitate full day retreats, from 9 a.m.-5 p.m. The minimum group size is five (5) people and the maximum group size is eight (8) people.
Our goal is for retreat participants to experience the gift of time and space with God. To that end, we encourage everyone to dress comfortably and to bring their journals. Upon your arrival, we will orient you to the house. We encourage participants to consider leaving their cell phones in their cars (otherwise, turned off while in the house) to allow them and the other participants to move through the day without distractions.
The fee per person is $75. The cost for a group retreat at Kavanna House is based upon the use of the entire house including The Studio, the facilitator's time, preparation of materials and meals. Coffee, tea and water are provided throughout the day. A light continental breakfast and a catered lunch are also provided.
Payment and Scheduling
Payment Terms: A $100 non-refundable deposit is due four (4) weeks prior to the retreat. The balance of cost is due no later than three days prior to the retreat. Payments can be made by cash, check payable to Kavanna House or credit card.
River Flows from Eden
- This retreat looks at your life with God using the metaphor of a river, your intention being one that moves with the flow.
- Wabi sabi is the Japanese concept of finding beauty in imperfection. We invite you to spend a day contemplating the notion of wabi sabi and discovering it in your life.
Trust, Surrender and Bless "What is"
- Do you constantly struggle against “what is,” always wanting it to be different? Do you have difficulty accepting where you are in your life or what you have lost? This retreat will provide tools and time for reflection to notice where God is with you in the midst of your circumstances. It will provide a framework to move toward not only surrendering your will, but also being able to bless the difficulties.
Silence and Solitude - Creating the Interior Life for Spiritual Formation
- To be truly intentional about our relationship with God, we need to learn to limit distractions. This retreat will focus on how to control outward distractions and more importantly, how to quiet the thoughts swirling in your head so that you can be fully present to God. We will practice different ways to be “in silence.”
- We are all overworked and tired. We don't know how to slow down and rest. Take time...time to rest, time to get away and time to focus on God. We will reflect on what Sabbath really means, not a legalistic list of rules but discovering the freedom of creating unforced rhythms in your life.
- Do you desire to feel loved? Do you know that God loves you and that God delights in you? This retreat day will revolve around reflecting on the reality of you being God's beloved.
Engaging the Paschal Mystery
- Looking at your life through the lens of the paschal mystery, - Good Friday, Easter, the 40 Days, Ascension and Pentecost - you’ll discover how to live fully in the reality of where you find yourself in this present moment.